Re: [TeXmacs] degrees celcius symbol in texmacs

  • From: Robert Lamar <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] degrees celcius symbol in texmacs
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:58:18 +0000

Raju (and other curious individuals),

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Friday 09 November 2007 9:26 am, Robert Jerrard wrote:
On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 07:41 -0500, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
How can I enter something like 25 0C where the the 0 is actually degrees
symbol - a small superscript like circle before C? I am using texmacs
1.0.6.11 on Debian Sid.

thanks
raju
Hi Raju, one possibility is that in a math environment there is a small
circle in the binary operation menu item that when placed as a
superscript does the job. In a math environment it can also be typed
into a superscript by typing \circ and hitting return.

This will do for now. Thanks Dr. Jerrard. If anyone has other ideas, please post them as well.

While cleaning up my email archives, I came across this request of yours from November. Perhaps by now you have found a solution, but you did ask for other ideas. The TeXmacs command you are probably looking for is <degreesign>, which can also be typed in the following ways, per Wikipedia:

- On a Macintosh, you might type Option+Shift+8.
- On Linux and other Unix-like systems, many keyboard layouts allow typing the degree sign with AltGr+Shift+0.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degree_symbol#Input

Helpfully,
Rob

--