Re: [TeXmacs] characters couting ?

  • From: Alfe <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] characters couting ?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:48:45 +0200

Hi, Sébastien,

Sébastien Montagne wrote:

> is it possible to count lines / words / characters from a texmacs document ?

We had that question recently (maybe having a look at the archive would have
helped already, and maybe some more answers from there would still help).

The best way I remember was to save the document as plain text and then use
the standard Unix tool 'wc' on it. It will count lines, words and characters.

Keep in mind that the formatting will be different from the rendered TeXmacs
result, so the number of lines will be a very rough estimation only.

Alfe

  • characters couting ?, Sébastien Montagne, 03/30/2008
    • Re: [TeXmacs] characters couting ?, Alfe, 03/31/2008