Re: [TeXmacs] Is M- Alt- ?

  • From: Fabrice Marchant <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Is M- Alt- ?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:58:39 +0200

Thanks a lot Javier for this instructive answer,

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:07:30 +0200
Javier Arantegui <address@hidden> wrote:

> Have you looked Preferences -> Keyboard? Maybe the answer is there.
You make me discover this sub-menu. I can remap Windoz keys to Meta : fine !

> Honestly I never get used to the key Meta. I just press the Esc key and
> then
> the shortcut.
As a non Emacs user, I learn here Esc key was so useful.

> After pressing Esc you'll see 'M-' in the status line (bottom
> right corner of the window). I find it more convenient than pressing two
> keys
> at the same time.
This Esc key way could even become mandatory with a havana cigar or a glass
of single malt in the hand.

Regards,

Fabrice