Re: [TeXmacs] Page numbering

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Page numbering
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:40:51 +0200

Hi Sandra,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 02:58:56PM +0200, Sandra Garcia wrote:
> I am working in a large document with different separated chapters, my page
> numbering starts from the first page (the title) and strangely before the
> title page there is also two blank pages (numerated too) with the header
> "bibliography" even if the bibliography is included at the end of the master
> document (where i link all the chapters).
>
> How can i set the page number counter starting in chapter one without taking
> into account the first pages? How can i put roman numbers in the first
> pages?
>
> i tried to look in old post and documentation but i could not find the reply
> to this old question: could anyone help me?

You may use

Insert -> Page numbering -> Renumber this page

to change the number of the page (where you put the marker).
Just put it at the start of chapter one.
You may also use

Insert -> Page numbering -> Page number text

to change the macro which displays the number. The macro takes zero arguments
and
you may use the environment variable "page-nr" to retrieve the current page
number.
This allows you for instance to use roman numbers for the table of contents.

Best wishes, Joris

  • Page numbering, Sandra Garcia, 07/15/2008
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Page numbering, Joris van der Hoeven, 07/17/2008