Re: [TeXmacs] abs notation

  • From: Robert Ramsay Lamar <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] abs notation
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:49:20 +0100

Hello,

el.douwen wrote:
in order to type abs(x-2), that is to say two vertical bars |x-2| i dont know if it passes in the mail, i dont find anything else as "big separators"
so i have two high vertical bars around a little equation x-2
my question is: how to obtain more little bars ?
i have noticed that, if i want to type |x-2|^2, that is to say square of abs(x-2), then the bar just before the square ^2 becomes little
so now i type an exposant with nothing on it eventually, after each vertical abs bar, in order to get little bars
do anyone see any more simple solution ?

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are wanting. If you copy the following line into a new TeXmacs document, does it look like the expression that you want? Do not worry about how it looks at the moment; TeXmacs will interpret it nicely.

<math|<left|\|>x-2<right|\|>>

If it is what you want, then I can help you understand how to enter it. Otherwise, it would probably be helpful to copy what you are getting and paste it into an email. Then we can see what you are getting and how it might be made better.

Helpfully,
Rob

registered under charity number SC000278.