Re: [TeXmacs] Re: Book style : Page Breaks

  • From: Enrique Perez-Terron <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: Book style : Page Breaks
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 22:21:01 +0200

On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 14:23 +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 10:35:57AM +0200, Guillaume Andrieu wrote:
> > 2008/10/2 Guillaume Andrieu <address@hidden>:
> > > I have a new question about the book style.
> > > When I insert the chapters of my thesis, Texmacs insert a page break
> > > between the title page (with chapter number and title) and the content
> > > itself of the chapter. The same occurs with introduction and
> > > conclusion. Is it possible to cancel this page break and how ?
>
> You would have to write a style package which modifies the sectioning
> macros.
> The very purpose of a clean "book" style is that chapters always start on a
> new page.

I understood that the OP meant page breaks *after* the chapter title.

However, I don't quite understand what the OP meant, because, when I
tried the book style, I did not get a separate page for the chapter
title. That is, I start a new chapter by selecting in the menu,
[Text-Chapter->Chapter], and fill in the chapter title. (You may prefer
to call it "chapter name".) Then I press the right-arrow key, press
Enter, and type away at the chapter contents.

Perhaps the OP has used the [Text->Title->insert title] menu?

Regards
Enrique