Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs crashing when loading a file

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Texmacs crashing when loading a file
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:16:34 +0200

Eric wrote:

Dear all,

When I attempt to load the file 0.tex (created with Texmacs and included as an attachment) Texmacs asks me if I wish to load the more recent autosave file. When I say no, Texmacs freezes for a time and then exits. Can anyone figure out why?

I get the same, without the "more recent autosave" episode (which
is thus unrelated to the bug). I'm running on 1.0.6.14.

As far as the "why" is concerned, the only approach which works
all the time is the "dichotomic iterative simplification" of
your file: remove parts of the file step by step, till you remove
one which also removes the crash: then you've found the offending
input, and the bug becomes reproducible (which is the first, and
mandatory step for people to be able to debug the software).