Re: Re: [TeXmacs] maple interface

  • From: Andrea Gamba<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Re: [TeXmacs] maple interface
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:26:20 +0200 (CEST)

I have found the problem with the maple interface.

The point is that in my linux box I have a symbolic link /usr/bin/maple ->
/usr/local/maple9.5-standalone/bin/maple.

When the texmacs script performs 'which maple' and then tries to extract the
maple path it produces errors.

I noticed that also /usr/bin/octave -> /etc/alternatives/octave ->
/usr/bin/octave-3.0.0, perhaps this is the reason why also the octave
interface
doesn't work (I have not cured that yet, perhaps there is some indication in
the error messages that octave is giving).

A possible general solution for this kind of problem could be substituting:

readlink -f `which maple`

instead of just

which maple

in the tm script.