[TeXmacs] urgent: cannot generate index!

  • From: "Immanuel Normann" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] urgent: cannot generate index!
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 15:01:43 +0100

Hi,
being in the last phase of my thesis, I fail to generate an index. I followed literally the instructions of the Help page "Generating index", i.e. Insert→Link→Index and Text→Automatic→Index. Though an "Index" heading is generated the index of words itself is not - at least there is nothing to see under the "Index" heading - even though I pushed several times. Document→Update→Index.
I am using TeXmacs 1.0.7 and the problem arises already in the small demo file attached.
Any idea what is wrong with it?

Thanks for help,
Immanuel
<TeXmacs|1.0.7>

<\body>
  GNU TeXmacs is a free wysiwyw (what you see is what you want) editing
  platform with special features for scientists. The software<index|software>
  aims to provide a unified and user friendly framework for editing
  structured documents<subindex|document|structured> with different types of
  content (text, graphics, mathematics, interactive content, etc.). The
  rendering engine uses high-quality typesetting algorithms so as to produce
  professionally looking documents, which can either be printed out or
  presented from a laptop.<new-page>

  The software<index|software> \ includes a text editor with support for
  mathematical formulas, a small technical picture editor and a tool for
  making presentations from a laptop. Moreover, TeXmacs can be used as an
  interface for many external systems for computer algebra, numerical
  analysis, statistics, etc. New presentation styles can be written by the
  user and new features can be added to the editor using the Scheme extension
  language. A native spreadsheet and tools for collaborative authoring are
  planned for later.<new-page>

  <\the-index|idx>
    \;
  </the-index>