Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu AND debian

  • From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to install Texmacs 1.0.7 on Ubuntu AND debian
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:00:29 -0400

Davide Anchisi wrote:

> You can also build deb packages, through the debian distribution, and then
> install them
> the debian/ubuntu way. Thies way texmacs will be managed by the system
> software tools.
>
> Version 1.0.7 is in Debian experimental.

We initially uploaded texmacs 1.0.7 to Debian experimental. Since it is a
new version (after a long time), I was just being careful to see that it
does not break anything. As we have not seen any major problems, we
transitioned it to Debian Unstable. Now, 1.0.7 is available in both
testing, Sid distributions.

> So:
>
> 1. add:
> deb-src http://debian.fastweb.it/debian/ experimental main contrib
> to the file /etc/apt/source.list (you can remove the line after installing
> texmacs).

BTW, experimental as such is not a complete distribution in itself. If you
are sourcing experimental, source the path of unstable distribution also.

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/