Re: [TeXmacs] imbedding plots generated by maxima

  • From: bytecolor <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] imbedding plots generated by maxima
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:36:38 -0700 (PDT)

Very nice. Much better sized image.

I had found the same problem not finding `maxplot.ps'. I found the `temp_dir'
maxima variable, and set it to ~/tmp. It seems to be ignored though. <shrug>

You'll need to reset ttyoff to false at the end of texmacs.mac. If you don't,
any output after plotting will not be visible! Or you could comment out both
ttyoff statements (or just delete them). Then put "" as the last statement.
I've attached texmacs.mac with the aforementioned edits.

This will print an empty (%o1) after displaying the graph, but subsequent
interaction with maxima will work as expected.

Ultimately, the graph should be displayed _after_ (%o1), but in order to do
that I'd have to create a string and return it from tmplot2d(), instead of
using system() in the script. I could not figure out how to read maxplot.ps
into a string variable in maxima. I just posted that question on #maxima.

A better solution is to have texmacs handle this. That way it will `just
work' without having to set up anything on the maxima side.

About ^B and ^E. Search the texmacs docs, (F1) by default, for
`input/output'. Choose the first result. That gives a good explanation.
They are DATA_BEGIN and DATA_END respectively.

--
bytecolor (S. Edward Dolan)