Re: [TeXmacs] paper size, margins saved in .ts?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] paper size, margins saved in .ts?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:44:01 +0200

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 05:17:40PM -0700, bytecolor wrote:
> I'd like to save a specific setup for 11x17in paper with .125 margins. My
> printer is capable of that. I can set all this stuff manually.
>
> Document->Page->Size->Other (enter 11in, then 17in)
> Document->Page->Type->Paper
> Document->View->Page->Layout->Margins as on paper
> Document->View->Page->Layout->[Top,Left,Bottom,Right] margin (.125in)
>
> This gives the printed results correctly and gv shows a correct preview.
>
> But how do I save this as a package or style? I've tried saving `11x17.ts'
> in ~/.TeXmacs/{packages,styles} but when I select these from the Document
> menu, the margins and page size are not changed.
>
> I've also looked at existing .ts files. Some use <assign... to tex-* vars.
> I've tried this as well. Still no change.
>
> I've attached 11x17.tm. It's just a large table with a border to show
> approx. where the margins are. This file prints exactly as it is shown in
> gv. I'd just like to be able to reuse it. I realize I could save the file
> in a safe place. And just load that every time, but...

I have no problem with writing a style file which changes the paper format.
For instance, save the following in ~/.TeXmacs/packages/test.ts :

<TeXmacs|1.0.7.2>

<\body>
<assign|page-type|user>

<assign|page-width|11in>

<assign|page-height|17in>

<assign|page-odd|0.125in>

<assign|page-even|0.125in>

<assign|page-right|0.125in>

<assign|page-top|0.125in>

<assign|page-bot|0.125in>

Etc.

<\initial>
<\collection>
<associate|preamble|true>
</collection>
</initial>

Notice that you may have to update the style cache (e.g. run texmacs --setup).
Also, the margins on the screen and on paper may be different.

--Joris