[TeXmacs] pstricks, again

  • From: Juan Carlos Bustamante <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] pstricks, again
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm a TeXmacs fan, although I cannot really do everything I can do with LaTeX, at least, not yet.

In the next weeks I will give a short course to high-school teachers of mathematics.  I will show them GeoGebra, and I also want to show them TeXmacs (I assume their skills with computers are not very high, so I forget LaTeX or Lyx). Usually, when I make pictures with GeoGebra i export the pstricks code, the compile it using Kile, or something else, in order to get a high quality picture, then include it within a TeXmacs document.  However, I want to avoid passing through LaTeX with them. I've already asked if someone knows how to use the pstricks code produced by GeoGebra to insert a picture in TeXmacs... I was not lucky last time, but I feel lucky today...

I'm using TeXmacs 1.0.6.15 under ubuntu 9.04, I can use TeXmacs to make maxima sessions without any problem (however xymatrix does not work).

Thank you,

JC

please, I'm not a computer scientist, so give me a reasonable amount of details in your answers, if there are some.

  • [TeXmacs] pstricks, again, Juan Carlos Bustamante, 10/28/2009