Re: [TeXmacs] session on a remote host

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] session on a remote host
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:37:08 +0100

Hi Michael,

I did some experiments with remote sessions in the past.
In principle, when launching ssh with the right flags plug-ins launched
over a pipe behave *exactly* the same way as on your local machine.
One important thing is that you *must* set up the necessary keys
in your personal .ssh so that log-in does *not* require a password.

If you have the courage, please refigure out how to do the above
(I forgot in the meantime), and give a more precise procedure.
We might then consider a Remote session menu in which a remote host,
or even a sequence of remote hosts could be specified,
which could be used as a wrapper for any plug-in.

Best wishes, --Joris