[TeXmacs] Trouble getting different even-page and odd-page footers

  • From: "David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Trouble getting different even-page and odd-page footers
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:02:00 -0400

I want to have one thing on the left side and one on the right when the
document is bound, i.e., the text “This text should be in the even page
footers, e.g. at the bottom of 2. 4, 6, etc.” On the even pages (on the
left), and “This text should be in the odd page footers, i.e. at the bottom
of 3, 5, 7, etc.” on the odd pages (on the right). When I try to do this by
using “even page header” and “odd page header” from the “Permanent”
subsection of the “Insert->Header and footer” menu, I only see footers at the
bottom of the odd pages. But the text that’s displayed comes from whichever
one I define second. For example, at the moment I have “odd” then “even”
defined, and I seed the even footer on the odd pages, and no footer on even
pages. Odd.

Please see the attached .tm and .pdf documents for an example of the problem
and a more complete description.

Thanks for any help you can provide --- am I using these commands wrong? OR
is there a bug?

Dave Wonnacott
address@hidden

  • [TeXmacs] Trouble getting different even-page and odd-page footers, David G. Wonnacott, 07/29/2010