Re: [TeXmacs] Subject: Texmacs 1.0.7.7 crashes in ubuntu 10.10 when trying to draw a picture.

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Subject: Texmacs 1.0.7.7 crashes in ubuntu 10.10 when trying to draw a picture.
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:43:40 +0100

Dear Adrian,

I have been trying to reproduce this bug for a few days,
but I did not succeed yet on my virtual Ubuntu machine.
I installed a fresh Ubuntu 10.10 (32 bits) from the Ubuntu website.
The standard binary package (version 1.0.7.4) provided by Ubuntu works for me,
and so does the static binary version 1.0.7.7 from the TeXmacs website.
The current SVN version compiled from the sources also works for me.
I assume that the TeXmacs version 1.0.7.4 you have tried is the one provided
by Ubuntu?
Could you please try the SVN source version of TeXmacs and check whether it
works?
If not, then it would be nice to have additional information about your
Ubuntu installation.
E.g., did you follow the standard installation procedure? Do you use the 32
bit or
64 bit version? Did you do something special concerning the X setup?

Best wishes, --Joris