Re: [TeXmacs] Fwd: how to define plugin maxima???

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: Bernd Hahnebach <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Fwd: how to define plugin maxima???
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:24:58 +0600 (NOVT)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, Bernd Hahnebach wrote:
I installed maxima 5.22.1 and texmacs 1.0.7.6 qt on a windows xp -
machine. As I tried to calculate there was an error: plugin 'maxima'
is not defined. I search documentation and internet... no success. How
do I tell texmacs about maxima???
I am not an expert on MS Windows. But:

The correct working of the maxima plugin crucially depends on the script maxima_detect (on Linux, it usually lives in /usr/libexec/TeXmacs/bin/ ; I suppose you can find where it lives in Windows). To run it, you need bash; also, it uses grep, sed, maybe something else. I am sure all these standard tools can be installed in Windows, probably, using cygwin. And the script maxima_detect contains some cygwin-specific parts (written not by me, and I cannot even test if they work or not). If you install all the required tools and run this script from the bash prompt, it should produce a list of available maxima versions, something like

(
"5.22.1 clisp"
"5.22.1 cmucl"
"5.22.1 ecl"
"5.22.1 openmcl"
"5.22.1 sbcl"
)

If it produces the output

#f

instead, this means that it cannot find maxima. Probably, it is not in the $PATH.

Sorry, cannot be more specific, because I don't use MS operating systems.

Andrey