Re: [TeXmacs] Talk about TeXmacs

  • From: Gubinelli Massimiliano <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Talk about TeXmacs
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:30:42 +0200

Hi,
Joris just gave yesterday a talk on TeXmacs at Ecole Polytechnique in Paris but unfortunately we didn't had the opportunity to make a recording out of it. As to my knowledge there is no appropriate material for a talk (you can find some tutorials however).
The outline of Joris' talk yesterday has been roughly the following:

- writing an article (title, author, abstract, sections, etc...)
- structured editing, visual navigation
- structures and variants (to cycle trought variants: Ctrl-Tab)
- typing math:
* tab variants
* character compositions (-->, @+, etc...)
* negations
* latex-like commands (\frac)
* new structured behavior of sums and integrals (which have an explicit extent)
* parentesized expressions
* matrices
- semantic editing of math and semantic selections
- search and replace
- tools for presentations: beamer stile, switches (on the Mac you can use the remote control to switch)
- the small graphic mode, insertion of text and math in the graphics
- maxima and mathemagix sessions, asyncronous communication with the external tools
- versioning tool

Good luck!

Massimiliano Gubinelli

ps: It would be nice if someone could provide a web-cast showing basic TeXmacs functionalities.