Re: [TeXmacs] 200 pages documents experience

  • From: Marc Mertens <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] 200 pages documents experience
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:45:19 +0100

On Tuesday, October 25, 2011 09:09:34 AM Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:01:06PM +0200, El.Douwen wrote:
> > i wanted to know if any on this list have experience typing 200 pages
> > documents with texmacs is it ok with texmacs for so big documents ?
> > even if there are pictures in all pages ?
> > 2Go ram do you think it is ok for texmacs ?
>
> That should be OK for TeXmacs. I recommend to link all images
> (except if you draw them yourself), to subdivide the book into
> separate chapter files though and assemble the whole thing at
> the end. I also hope that your printer will be able to cope
> with a 2Gb postscript file...
>
> Best, --Joris
Hello,

As I'm planning to write a big document myself I wonder what the best way
of dooing this. Reading the documentation I assumed that I could use one big
file divided in different parts and then using parts to work only on the part
that is relevant. The above answer however suggest that I better have
different chapter files, so maybe I'm wrong. I was wondering if there is
somewhere a document available explaining how to handle big documents (in
such
a way that you can still reference every label in the document).

Thanks a lot in advance

Marc Mertens