Re: [TeXmacs] Help with accented characters in bibtex bibliography

  • From: Peter Rapčan <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Help with accented characters in bibtex bibliography
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 01:32:20 +0100

Hi Alvaro,

I think I had the same problem in the past. I was using BibDesk to mantain
the bib file, with the default utf encoding. What I did was that I copied the
references I needed from the original BibDesk (.bib) file to a new BibDesk
file using BibDesk itself. Then I saved the new BibDesk file as ASCII. After
that, the accents were fine.

Best,

Peter.

On Nov 17, 2011, at 11:50 PM, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:

> Well, I was hoping for a solution that didn't involve redoing all of
> the bibliographic database...
>
> -á.
>

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 22:14, Adrian S. <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Have you tried writing it as it appears in Mathscinet?
>>
>> Something like \'{a} instead of á?
>>
>> -Adrian.
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am having trouble with accented characters in TeXmacs (BibTeX
>>> bibliography)
>>>
>>> The entry in the file that contains the bibliography is OK but what I
>>> //see// in TeXmacs has accented characters are scrambled.
>>>
>>> <bibitem*|Buzsáki, 1986><label|bib-buzsaki_hippocampal_1986>Buzsáki,
>>> G. (1986). (...)
>>> vs.
>>>
>>> <bibitem*|Buzsáki, 1986><label|bib-buzsaki_hippocampal_1986>Buzsnáki, G.
>>> (1986). (...)
>>>
>>> Aliasing bibtex=bibtex8 (to get a bibtex of 8 bits) in the shell
>>> spawning TeXmacs didn't fix it. I am sure somebody has suffered this
>>> problem before. As I am finishing a very important document, I would
>>> be really thankful for any help!
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Álvaro.
>>>

>>> PS. this is the original entry as exported from Zotero (the file is
>>> utf-8 encoded):
>>>
>>> @article{buzsaki_hippocampal_1986,
>>> title = {Hippocampal sharp waves: Their origin and significance},
>>> (...)
>>> author = {Buzsáki, György},