[TeXmacs] TeXmacs html convertion with MathJax

  • From: "chu-ching huang" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs html convertion with MathJax
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 08:57:42 +0800

Hi all TeTmacs users,

Recently, I got a pad, Asus Transformer with Android-3.2.1 and make some test
on it. Of course, it could not run TeXmacs. But I make some test about
Conversion function of TeXmacs.

The best support of format for math document is pdf which is also
well-supported by TeXmacs. Another option is html format. From Android
development, android avails "WebView" class to work with html and related.
Therefore it might be able to create a simple apk, application of android,
which avails contents with math staffs.

Here my result:

1. convert contents from TeXmacs: both latex and html;
2. add MathJax to render the latex resource of output from 1;
3. enhance some TeXmacs function by jQuery: at least "folded" supported;
4. copy, paste and some modification ...

In the processing, keeping it simplest is the upmost principle I try to
follows.
Here, the demos can be found at
http://diffusion.cgu.edu.tw/ftp/TeXmacs/android/

a) lecture.tgz: Mathjax with image fonts (not suitable for pad users because
of too many font files to have to be loaded);
b) lecture_otf.tgz: MathJax without image fonts;

Just retract one of above and open calculus.html. I had tested on asus
Transformer by firefox-beta and it displays well. Next I will create a apk
skeleton for wrapping all the generated html resource with math staff.

Hope this can be helpful for someone interested and as a gift for the first
TeXmacs workshop.

cch