[TeXmacs] Upgrading to TeXmacs 1.0.7.14

  • From: François-Xavier Thomas <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Upgrading to TeXmacs 1.0.7.14
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 16:15:02 +0100

Hi,

I just finished manually compiling TeXmacs 1.0.7.14 on Mac OS X (I'm writing
a package for the newest package manager, Homebrew), and there are two
problems I find quite annoying. Other than that, it just "seems to work".

First, the <strong> tag makes TeXmacs crash instantly, no matter where it
comes from (loading a file or using the "strong text" button on the UI). As a
lot of my older files include such a tag, I can't open them anymore, which is
troublesome ;)

The second issue is with titles. When adding a title (the <doc-title> tag), I
can type whatever I want, the text doesn't show and the status line says :
"text roman 0 bold". I'm guessing that the "0" in here means that there was a
problem with the font.

I made sure I included every dependency listed on the readme, but I may have
forgotten one :

* Guile
* QT
* Freetype 2 from Apple (2.4.4)
* Ghostscript
* Aspell
* ImageMagick
* LibIconv

Any ideas on how to solve these issues?

François-Xavier Thomas

  • [TeXmacs] Upgrading to TeXmacs 1.0.7.14, François-Xavier Thomas, 02/06/2012