[TeXmacs] text export changes

  • From: Sam Liddicott <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] text export changes
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:00:15 +0100

/dev/stdout as an export filename used to export text

texmacs -s -c wfs-utils.tm /dev/stdout -q

It still does, but not in the same way it used to.

For this simple document here:

<TeXmacs|1.0.7.15>

<\body>
  <assign|specific-verbatim|<macro|x|<clipped|<arg|x>|0|0|0|0>>>

  <specific-verbatim|lallallal>

If I export with this command:
texmacs -s -c x.tm /tmp/x.txt -q

Then the text file contains the text: lallallal

If I export with either of these commands:
texmacs -s -c x.tm /tmp/x -q
texmacs -s -c x.tm /dev/stdout -q

Then the text file contains nothing. This breaks my literate programming makefiles. I can work around it but I wonder:
What is this secret extra export option which looks like text but isn't quite?

I also draw attention to the fact that I need the specific-verbatim macro that uses <clipped|...> because the <specific|...> tag does not accept verbatim as an option and I require to be able to select a suitable text representation for some items during text export.

  • [TeXmacs] text export changes, Sam Liddicott, 04/24/2012