Re: [TeXmacs] Where is the document->master->attach option?

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Where is the document->master->attach option?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:30:25 +0200

Hi.

First: 1.0.7.15 is waaaaaaaaaaay too old. The list of improvements to date is huge.

Second: try Tools->Project->Attach master...

hth,

--
Miguel de  Benito.

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 5:33 AM, Anderson Brasil <address@hidden> wrote:
As my document is getting bigger (40 pages) and therefore the edition in my computer is getting slow (and therefore decreasing my productivity), I am trying to divide my document into several subfiles, as stated in the manual. I've have already succeed at creating a master file and including the "daughter" files in it. But I can't make the "daughter" files use the mother file in order to correctly include cross-reference and stuff.

The manual states: "In order to see cross references to other chapters when editing a particular chapter ci.tm, one may specify book.tm as a “master file” for the files c1.tm to cn.tm using DocumentMasterAttach. Currently, the chapter numbers themselves are not dealt with by this mechanism, so you may want to manually assign the environment variable chapter-nr at the start of each chapter file in order to get the numbering right when editing". The problem is: there isn't any "master" option in the "document" menu. In fact, there isn't any master menu in ANY menu. My texmacs is 1.0.7.15 (installed through apt-get at linux mint 14 cinnamon).

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,

Anderson Brasil

  • Re: [TeXmacs] Where is the document->master->attach option?, Miguel de Benito Delgado, 08/15/2013