[TeXmacs] fonts in pdfs

  • From: Ralf Juengling <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] fonts in pdfs
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 08:39:42 -0800 (PST)

I used TeXmacs 1.0.7.19 to produce a PDF which does not include
all the fonts. It's a requirement that the PDF contains all fonts,
however, so I am trying to find some information as to how to
control this.

Looking at the used fonts in acrobat reader I see that most fonts
are embedded, just a small number is not. From the fonts' names I
speculate that TeXmacs does embed the fonts it itself uses, and
that the missing fonts are used in the pictures (most pictures are
plots stored as eps and linked into the document), and that TeXmacs'
PDF renderer does not embed those fonts.

Could someone comment on how the font handling in the pdf renderer
works, and if there is a solution to my problem?

Thanks,
Ralf