Re: [TeXmacs] italic mode

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] italic mode
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:41:17 +0100

The key combination "std i"  (which  under MacOS translates to Cmd+I) is mapped to the procedure "toggle-italics", which simply deletes the enclosing tag if there's one. I'm not sure about what's more intuitive or not, but it's consistent with other tags. (By the way, I mapped my "$" key to *insert* text in an equation, not to to leave it.)

If you want to change the behaviour you can either change the mapping of the key or redefine toggle-italic. If you feel like playing a bit with scheme, in both cases you will have to check whether the cursor is inside a with|"font-shape"|"italic" tag, which can probably be achieved using "with-like?". For more info format-edit.scm ;)

Best,
--
Miguel de  Benito.