Re: [TeXmacs] Hyphenation

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Hyphenation
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 17:36:24 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 04:16:37PM -0800, Szymon Brzostowski wrote:
> 1. Implementation of discretionary hyphens, commonly used in word
> processors, which would allow for easy manual hyphenation  (probably this
> is easy to do).

Yes, this is missing for the moment.
You may put this one on our wish list at Savannah for reminder.
I also miss this future from time to time, but it has never been
a major handicap yet for me.

> 2. Replacing Aspell by Hunspell which I think is MUCH better in hyphenating
> then Aspell (it is based on Tex algorithm for hyphenation; I use the page
> http://www.ushuaia.pl/hyphen/?ln=en, whose engine is Hunspell, to learn
> where to correctly hyphenate a given word). The homepage of Hunspell is
> http://hunspell.sourceforge.net/. Oh, and Hunspell uses the unicode
> character encoding.

TeXmacs already uses the hyphenation algorithm from TeX.
Aspell is only used for spell checking and unrelated to hyphenation.
Other spell checkers might be used if someone is willing to write
the corresponding plug-ins. Max wrote one for the default
spell checker under MacOS.

Best wishes, --Joris

  • Re: [TeXmacs] Hyphenation, Joris van der Hoeven, 02/26/2014