[TeXmacs] Writing a seminar paper in philosophy with Texmacs

  • From: Georg Weber <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Writing a seminar paper in philosophy with Texmacs
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 03:03:21 +0200

Hi,
I've been using Texmacs sucessfully for about 1.5 years for my Computer Science exercises at University.
Now i have to write a seminar paper in philosophy and want to do this with GNU Texmacs, since i like it.

The style requirements are quite different, since this branch of the University is a quite Microsoft Word polluted place.
There also exist no LaTeX Templates i could give you for comparison, just a tutorial how to set the style sheets in Word.
I want to ask you:

  * Are the following requirements are fullfilable using Texmacs.

  *  Are there exist styles which are like these or will i have to write some by myself.
     If i have to, how difficult is this? I've looked on the official documentation, the style sheet language seems turing complete.

  == The requirements ==

1. A own title package, with the following formatting: http://www.philso.uni-augsburg.de/de/institute/philosophie/studium/skriptum-ewa-philosophie/3_seminararbeit-form/
   (at 34% of the page, in "Beispiel 2")

2. Interline seperation of 1.5 Z
    (I found a corresponding Option in Document->Paragraph->Spacing, but how does this behave to microsoft word "notation".
     It's default is 0.025fns, so does .0375fns  correspond to 1.5 Z in Word ? )

3. Citations in another Text size than the rest of the Text.

4. A Table of Contents and a bibliography

The only point I'm really worried about is the own Title page with all the non standard fields, the rest seems solvable.

== A question out of personal interest ==
I've read a lot about the Texmacs environment variables is there a way to set them from within a running Texmacs for a certain
environment ?

Cheers and Thanks,
Georg