Re: [TeXmacs] Drawing a spiral

  • From: Darcy Shen <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Drawing a spiral
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 22:57:32 +0800

Miguel de Benito Delgado wrote:

> If you find that just writing three lines of gnuplot code is boring then:
>
> It is possible to use scheme code to change the document tree. Graphic
> elements are part of the document tree (just "View Source" of a file with
> some graphics in it). Hence, it is perfectly possible to draw spirals from
> within TeXmacs.
>
> The first time it'll require some work though ;) Maybe you can get some
> ideas as to how to do it from a small tutorial where we implemented a
> subset of turtle graphics in scheme. You'll find it in my page at
> texmacs.org, but download the original texmacs file to play with it if you
> want to read the file.
>
> There is however no graphics primitive for spirals, so you'll end up with
> an approximation with points, segments, or splines, depending on how
> sofisticated your algorithm for the spiral is.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Miguel de Benito.

It seems cool.

And I must point out that the graphics tutorial in
http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/help/tutorial.en.html is outdated(the scheme
code part).

When I am new to TeXmacs, I try to follow the tutorial to draw the rose but
failed(not good experience).

I hope someone puts warning there or updates the tutorial. If anyone can
provide the original tm file, I'am willing to update the tutorial for the
latest TeXmacs (just need to modify several scheme code).