Re: [TeXmacs] plugins and packages

  • From: Philippe Joyez <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] plugins and packages
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 06:28:32 +0000 (UTC)

<pdiazs <at> ono.com> writes:

> Following the instructions with insert session i obtain a list with:
>
> Scheme
> Dratex... Maxima,....Scilab, ....Python....Shell, ....
> Remote, Others
>
> but if i go to help plugins i obtain a different list that includes R,
> Sage....
>
> I have two issues:
>
> First: when i do session Dratex i cannot succesfully load it i just see
> Dratex]busy
> Second: how to load R plugin that is not in insert session?
> Third: is mathemagix an additional plugin to load or is part of the
> background of Texmacs?

AFAICT plugins are generally less well supported under windows than under
unix-like OSes. Moreover, even under linux many plugins have not been
updated for a long time and are now incompatible with the current version of
the external program: Your mileage may vary. And you are right, the
documentation is not really in sync with the present state of matters.

In any case you must have the external program installed before using it
(except for scheme, no plugins are bundled with texmacs, not even
mathemagix). The R plugin was recently updated, but I can't tell about
windows support, sorry. I would make sure the exe it is in the system PATH
or installed in a location where texmacs is looking for it (looking in the
code is an option).