[TeXmacs] Rebinding keys

  • From: Jay Belanger <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Rebinding keys
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 12:39:15 -0600

Hi!

I am trying to customize TeXmacs a bit, and I'm trying to rebind some
keyboard shortcuts. The documentation is a bit sparse in this area.
I came across an example that suggested putting something like

(kbd-map
("D e f ." (make 'definition)))

in my-init-texmacs.scm, and that works well. But I don't how to
rebind something like Control-t. If I put something like

(kbd-map
("D e f ." (make 'definition))
("N e ." (new-buffer))
("S-up" (make 'theorem))
("C-v" (new-buffer)))

then Def. and Ne. work as expected, but shift+up and control+v do
not. (Several files use notation like "C-v" for controls.) My best guess
is that those keys need to be unbound first, or that the default
bindings overwrite my customizations. Is there a way to rebind these
keys?

Thanks,
Jay

  • [TeXmacs] Rebinding keys, Jay Belanger, 11/07/2015