[TeXmacs] Please help me with testing zotero-texmacs-integration.

  • From: Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Please help me with testing zotero-texmacs-integration.
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 02:03:45 +0000

I sat down today to try and put support for Mac OS-X and Windows into my zotero-texmacs-integration:

    https://github.com/KarlHegbloom/zotero-texmacs-integration

... and in doing so, have discovered that it ought to work as-is on those platforms, as long as you have both Juris-M and the LibreOffice plugin installed:

    https://github.com/Juris-M/zotero/releases/
    https://github.com/Juris-M/jurism-libreoffice-integration/releases/

I've not tested this using standard Zotero either:

    https://github.com/zotero/zotero/releases/
    https://github.com/zotero/zotero-libreoffice-integration/releases/

The reason that I think this is going to just work on Mac OS-X and Windows is that it's the LibreOffice plugin that actually binds and listens on localhost:23116 and it looks to me like it does that no matter what OS it's installed on. That means that the same socket that zotero.scm inside of TeXmacs connects to Firefox over on Linux ought to work also on Mac OS-X and Windows, assuming that at the Guile level, the socket handling is identical. I had assumed that I would need to write code for both Mac OS-X and Windows support... but maybe not!

I promised somebody who uses Mac OS-X that I'd make this work, but I have no way to test it myself. Will somebody please take an hour for this and let me know if it works, and if not, what error information you can obtain?

I think it will also work out-of-the-box on Windows also.

  • [TeXmacs] Please help me with testing zotero-texmacs-integration., Karl Hegbloom, 08/05/2016