Re: [TeXmacs] Problems to compile last version in windows

  • From: "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problems to compile last version in windows
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 23:11:50 +0100

None of the TeXmacs repo on GitHub is the official one.

I've made GitHub repos (https://github.com/slowphil/texmacs-win-builder) where
you can find everything that is needed to compile TeXmacs for windows, much
more simply than the official way. When you build TeXmacs this way, it pulls
the source from the official svn repo. What I was trying to say regarding
GitHub is that any bug relative to this building method belongs there, and not
on this "official list".

Along with TeXmacs, this build method bundles a few goodies, and in particular
the spell checker (which is otherwise a pain to find and install on windows).
I also activated the updater which was implemented at the end of 2013 by
Miguel de Benito Delgado but never used yet. So this is not the official
version, but it is more capable and 100% compatible.

I also release pre-built binaries every once in a while on GitHub
(https://github.com/slowphil/mingw-w64-texmacs/releases/latest), that the
updater will propose to fetch.