Re: [TeXmacs] Eq numbering in texmacs

  • From: Peter Rapčan <address@hidden>
  • To: Tutun Das <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Eq numbering in texmacs
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 21:14:41 +0100

Hi Tutun,

> On 9 Feb 2018, at 10:19, Tutun Das <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> How equations are numbered in texmacs for single and multiline
> equations?

See the attached .tm file. Note that labels for equation arrays
(Insert->Mathematics->Several equations) need to be placed after the eq.
number, while for a regular equation (Insert->Mathematics->Displayed formula)
need to be placed somewhere before the eq. number (I usually place the label
to the beginning of the line, but I guess you can alternatively place it to
the end of the equation but prior to the eq. number).

> and if it is possible to make subnumbering for eqnarray?

See the enclosed .tm file for regular sequential nubering. If you want to do
something more fancy, like (1.a), (1.b) instead of (1), (2), this probably
can be done by re-defining the numbering macros but I never tried.

> Also how and where in the file I should write a macro for a ket and
> bra: $|\psi \langle and $\rangle \psi | ?

I usually put those to the preamble, see the enclosed .tm file where the
preamble contains my macros for /bra, /ket, /braket, /ketbra, /braket-element.

Cheers,
Peter.

P.S.:
To create the preamble in a new document: Document->Part->Create preamble
To switch between showing an existing preamble & the main document:
Document->Part->Show preamble or Show all parts

P.P.S.: I wish someone included the /bra, /ket, /braket, /ketbra,
/braket-element to the standardly supported set of commands in TeXmacs
(perhaps using some implementation superior to mine). Developers, anyone? :-)