Re: [TeXmacs] Still not available on Debian 9 ?

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Philippe Joyez <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Still not available on Debian 9 ?
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:00:04 +0200

I’m very interested in updating the scheme support. If some schemer around is
interested I can share with him my understading of the problem.

I evaluated chibi scheme as replacement but the problem is that his support
for used defined environment is a bit shallow (we need environments because
TeXmacs rely on tricky non-portable machinery to have his module system
working).

An interesting possibility is s7 which is a small, dynamic scheme near to
guile.

Or we go for guile 2.2… which is also possible. but something has to be done
since the codebase seems not compatible anymore due to compilation/evaluation
separation in modern guile.

max