Re: [TeXmacs] Installation in Ubuntu 18.04

  • From: "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden,address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Installation in Ubuntu 18.04
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2018 20:30:29 +0200

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad it's useful.

> an apt-get update says that it can't connect to your repo

Maybe OpenSuse (they are really running the depo, not me!) had a glitch... I'm
not able to check what's going on at the moment.

> i downloaded the package and opened it with gdebi. It says the guile 1.8
dependency can't be satisfied.
>Has anyone any hint or solution ?

Since you could not connect to the repository, the package manager could not
find and download automatically the guile dependency. You can still get it and
install it manually (before texmacs) just like you were doing with texmacs.
Get it from
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/slowphil:/texmacs-devel/xUbuntu_18.04/amd64/
(the "guile-1.8-dev" package is not needed except if you want to compile
texmacs)

Cheers,
Philippe