Toward TeXmacs 2.1

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Toward TeXmacs 2.1
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 23:15:41 +0200

Dear all,

We are getting close to releasing the next major version 2.1 of TeXmacs
(planned for september). For this occasion, we could use a bit of help
concerning the publicity. Here follows a short list:

- Several things on our website need to be updated:
the FAQ, the news section, the tutorials, the screenshots.
Anyone who would be willing to help on one or more of these issues?

- I just finished a book on TeXmacs that I plan to sell in paper format.
I am interested in native English speakers who would be willing to
proof read it (or parts of it).

- We plan to print some flyers. If you volunteer to distribute a pile
of flyers in the mail boxes of your collegues, then please let us know
and we might send you such a pile of flyers. Similarly, I am considering
creating a poster; please let us know if you would like to display
one of more of them at your university (or elsewhere).

- I noticed that the Wikipedia pages on TeXmacs for various languages
are not always up-to-date. If someone of you has the opportunity to
update one or more of these pages, then that would be great.

If you have any other ideas that might be nice in combination with
the release of TeXmacs 2.1, then please let us know. In particular,
I am less familiar with social media, but if anyone knows how to
adequately advertise there, then that would be helpful.

Best wishes, --Joris