Re: TeXmacs forum - unanswered questions

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Darcy Shen <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs forum - unanswered questions
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 11:20:36 +0200

I didn’t knew about

it seems to be a very useful document.

Best
mg

On 31. Aug 2019, at 16:44, Darcy Shen <address@hidden> wrote:

I would like to answer the questions on the mailing list and the forum on a regular basis.

Besides, guys from China sometimes post questions on the douban group in Chinese: https://www.douban.com/group/texmacs/ . In the past few years, I am actively answering questions on it and gathered bug reports and feedbacks from it.

The recent posts on the forum is helpful:

I was afraid that I would be the only one posting on the forum. And I am glad to see that new users join the forum and discuss about TeXmacs.

---- On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 08:02:03 +0800 TeXmacs <address@hidden> wrote ----

Hi,

Concerning the TeXmacs forum: it would be great if people could take
time to reply to the questions. However, I cannot permanently follow
everything myself, so help from volunteers is crucially needed.

Concerning installation under Ubuntu GNU/Linux, the relevant information
is on our website. If you think that it is not adequate, then please
suggest how we might improve it.

Best wishes, --Joris

On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 04:16:34PM +0200, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
> On the same topic:
> on twitter somebody is asking about the proper way to install in Ubuntu, can we have a standard place where I can hint people to look for this?
>
> Best
> Max
>

> > On 17. Aug 2019, at 11:49, Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I have seen that in the Discourse TeXmacs forum (http://forum.texmacs.cn/) there are two recent questions without answer (on "minipage" and on a style like "Tufte handouts"). I am not able to answer them myself, but maybe someone can. In fact I do not know if all people that follow the mailing list also follow the forum; I could suggest the posters to try and post their questions here, but it is like saying "do not use the forum", which is a bit nasty.
> >

> > Giovanni

  • Re: TeXmacs forum - unanswered questions, Massimiliano Gubinelli, 09/02/2019