Re: Fallback fonts?

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Fallback fonts?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 04:08:07 +0100

Hi Frank,

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 12:00:34PM +0100, Frank wrote:
> Can we setup a fallback font? There are cases that I need to insert
> a unicode character which is not included in the current font but I
> don't want to change global fonts.

I investigated this suggestion a bit and found out that I actually
have no good fallback font installed on my computer. For instance,
when copying and pasting a text in Hindi from Wikipedia, then there
are some characters that are not well displayed, even when using
any of the Hindi fonts on my computer.

I wonder what can be done about this and any suggestions are welcome.
Should we provide one rather complete unicode font with TeXmacs?
If yes, then which one? If not, on which fonts should we prefer
to fall back?

Best wishes, --Joris