tm-alpha does not parse extra {} in the bib file?

  • From: Frank <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: tm-alpha does not parse extra {} in the bib file?
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 13:10:38 +0100

Dear all,

Hello. I have just observed that tm-alpha gives me only the year without the alphabetic name. After some efforts, I realize that it is extra {} that leads to the problem. For example, when I use the bibtex file exported from NASA database (the complete file is attached):

author = {{Gerhold}, Malte and {Shalit}, Orr},

It will generate an empty name. However, if I delete these extra {}, it will generate the correct alphanumeric name. I wonder whether it is a problem of parser, or just this style is non-standard or an undefined behavior?

Thanks

--
Best wishes!
Yours,

@ARTICLE{2019arXiv191112102G,
       author = {{Gerhold}, Malte and {Shalit}, Orr},
        title = "{On the matrix range of random matrices}",
      journal = {arXiv e-prints},
     keywords = {Mathematics - Operator Algebras, Mathematics - Probability, 47A13, 46L54, 15B52, 60B20},
         year = "2019",
        month = "Nov",
          eid = {arXiv:1911.12102},
        pages = {arXiv:1911.12102},
archivePrefix = {arXiv},
       eprint = {1911.12102},
 primaryClass = {math.OA},
       adsurl = {https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2019arXiv191112102G},
      adsnote = {Provided by the SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System}
}