Re: asymptote plugin

  • From: Darcy Shen <address@hidden>
  • To: "texmacs-users" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: asymptote plugin
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 01:41:07 +0800
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.zoho.com.cn; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=address@hidden; dmarc=pass header.from=<address@hidden> header.from=<address@hidden>
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=zoho.com.cn; s=zohoarc; t=1592415670; h=Content-Type:Date:From:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Message-ID:References:Subject:To; bh=EK+TQxv5CKTIE6aPUANPec5tJmkBlfyYnc9jHO+3frg=; b=OihxP1j7Camy5N3j0a/7nPqOPQIkiKcf1qKh0zmEeLAxil0TpjnDI3bo/xIlPvyzSLvpTWLhiPPSU5JB1Oj4T/4UuDPIRAYrimlxq7vIbfw5NO2b9nmBB17+GMkRSXo4NDpk2iYezlXLigTmPBIczyLF+Zf96DtDTZHpdAqUoKQ=
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1592415670; cv=none; d=zoho.com.cn; s=zohoarc; b=YvWS+5WeUt53bV0O+L6s1PQakyZjOmxGYxEi9h4gocU7fsnvTh/R3BjQGfGkw+8l1jmoRrKBlDnyVFzXD+YcorAbL9Wu3Dc/cXfMcA1n1vwwzzRmoruKLtQdSBqbOt5msitudnlLYQmnBQmqMd41b3mKYyWngMqxlF+xvWwacWw=

> Could you point me to the document. I found only a very small document
in help->plugins->asymptote, but it does not explain much. Is there a
more detailed document somewhere?

No. This small document is the only document.

And welcome to improve the document by creating pr to https://github.com/texmacs/plugins .

The asymptote plugin is written in Python. As far as I know, most people can read and write in Python.

You may customize it as you like and will understand why it only supports batch mode.

But I tested with some example in the asymptote dropdown menu, and it
works now. I still have problem with one other example (code of the
asymptote logo), but I will first read the documentation and if the
problem persists, I will ask again.

This may be a bug.

In the cell, 'shift return' goes to the next line, and 'return' exits
the cell and evaluates. This seems different from other plugins.

This is configurable via the menu.

---- On Thu, 2020-06-18 01:08:19 <address@hidden> wrote ----

Could you point me to the document. I found only a very small document
in help->plugins->asymptote, but it does not explain much. Is there a
more detailed document somewhere?

But I tested with some example in the asymptote dropdown menu, and it
works now. I still have problem with one other example (code of the
asymptote logo), but I will first read the documentation and if the
problem persists, I will ask again.

In the cell, 'shift return' goes to the next line, and 'return' exits
the cell and evaluates. This seems different from other plugins.

Thank you.

On 17/06/2020 13:30, address@hidden wrote:
> Yes, you are right. Thank you very much for the reply. That it is not an
> REPL didn't occur to me.
>
> On 17/06/2020 13:25, Darcy Shen wrote:
>> Please read the builtin doc for the Asymptote plugin.
>>
>> The Asymptote receives several lines of code and plots as the code
>> describe. It is not a REPL like the asy command.
>>

>> ---- On Wed, 2020-06-17 21:12:42 sanjshakun<address@hidden> wrote
>> ----
>>
>>     I have asymptote 2.62 installed on my laptop (xubuntu 20.04) and
>>     TeXmacs
>>     installed later from the GNU TeXmacs website. When I start an
>> asymptote
>>     session, it displays the version and other information, gives a
>>     prompt asy].
>>     But when I type a command 'import geometry;', I get the error
>>
>>     /home/smith/.TeXmacs/system/tmp/graph_asy_9353/asy.eps] does not
>> exist
>>
>>     I am able to run asymptote outside (for example, in org-babel in
>>     emacs).
>>
>>     I would appreciate help.

  • asymptote plugin, sanjshakun, 06/17/2020
    • Message not available
      • Message not available
        • Message not available
          • Re: asymptote plugin, Darcy Shen, 06/17/2020