Re: Hide TeXmacs UI by default?

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Amir Michail <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Hide TeXmacs UI by default?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 22:13:16 +0100

> On 12. Nov 2020, at 22:01, Amir Michail <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> The main strength of TeXmacs is not its UI but rather its WYSIWYG editing
> of high quality math documents.
>
> So why not hide the UI by default so this main strength is more obvious to
> everyone?

What do you mean?

I'm not sure we have to go along with every single comment in social networks
from people which never tried the program. You cannot please everyone. Maybe
more "fancy" icons would attract "fancy" people. But then what?

If somebody come by with nice replacements to the icons, I think Joris would
be the first to adopt them.

Max