session-math-input default

  • From: "Pablo S. Casas" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: session-math-input default
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 19:45:57 +0100 (CET)

Dear TeXmacs community:

Tired of enabling "Focus -> Input options -> Math input" each time
I insert a Maxima session, I investigated the scheme code in order to
change the default behaviour. I found that setting session-math-input
variable could work. It is defined in
$TEXMACS_PATH/progs/dynamic/session-edit.scm. But that variable is
only known when the first Maxima session is created, so setting it in
my-init-texmacs.scm doesn't work. I also tried creating an alternative
menu entry to "Insert -> Session -> Maxima" in my-init-texmacs.scm,
but again, the menu set by the user is ignored: I don't know the
reason, but setting the menu works from a scheme session.

My questions are:

1) How can be session-math-input set to #t by default?

2) How a user menu entry must be defined in my-init-texmacs.scm so it
is not ignored in the booting process?

Any help is very appreciated. Best regards.

Pablo

PS: The "position in the document forgotten" issue has been fixed in
SVN 13170: thank you. A minor problem arises with incomplete (clipped)
dynamic menus (right click or S-right click).

  • session-math-input default, Pablo S. Casas, 11/20/2020