Re: french math course and exercises

  • From: Julien Frontisi <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: french math course and exercises
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 15:39:10 +0200

Hi
I have another remark about remote access.

When I open a local file on my computer, TeXmacs automatically loads linked
packages that are located in the same directory.
But this does not seem to work for remote files.

For example, I can access my files using the link included in the following
document :

But then, the linked files rely on a cours.ts style package which is located
in the same remote directory and TeXmacs
does not use it, unless I also open the cours.ts file itself.

(On the other hand, it can directly use a package that is located in my local
.TeXmacs/packages directory.)

This means that if you want to work on remote files, the style packages have
also to be reachable with a link.
I hope this helps.

Julien

> Le 30 mars 2021 à 22:59, TeXmacs <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
> Hi Julien,
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 03:56:11PM +0200, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
>>> a long time ago, someone from this list asked me to recall the url of the
>>> course I had put online after the celebrated TeXmacs workshop in Faro in
>>> 2012. So a few years later (oops!) comes the address :
>>> http://texmacs.pc1sl.fr/ <http://texmacs.pc1sl.fr/>
>>> The course is for French CPGE PC, that is 2nd year university level, for
>>> Physics-Chemistry students. So everything is in French.
>
> Thanks for sharing this with us.
>
>>> I wonder if there is a simple automated way to make/refresh a .tm index
>>> of a directory here, so we can access it using TeXmacs remote access
>>> (there is such an index in the Cours/Annexe directory, but it is an old
>>> one and I’m not sure it’s still reflecting the contents).
>
> One simple way to manage collections of files is to manually create
> hyperlinks between them.
> When converting your website into Html using
>
> Tools -> Create website
>
> such links are converted into links between the Html pages.
> If people have TeXmacs, then they can also directly navigate inside
> the TeXmacs files, assuming that they know the URL.
>
> Of course, this technique requires you to manually create a link for
> every file that you add. But it also allows you to have multiple
> entry points to your collection of files and cross references
> (something that is more complex to get using automatic tools).
>
> Best wishes, --Joris
>

>> I've written some code to automate the indexing of the articles in
>> TeXmacs' blog:
>>
>> https://github.com/texmacs/notes/blob/main/notes-tools.scm
>> <https://github.com/texmacs/notes/blob/main/notes-tools.scm>
>>
>> it is a scheme files which reads tm documents from a given directory and
>> extracts informations (like the content of given tags). Probably it could
>> be adapted to your use case. I'm not sure it you will consider it a
>> "simple automated way" :). Possibly in your case it is simpler just do it
>> by hand, especially if you do not count in adding new material regularly.
>> We can also imagine to host his material in github and produce HTML out of
>> it, so people can propose ehnancements and use it.
>>
>> Max
>>

>>> Have a nice day
>>> Julien

  • Re: french math course and exercises, Julien Frontisi, 04/07/2021