Re: Idea: A "preserve page count" option when exporting to LaTeX

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Idea: A "preserve page count" option when exporting to LaTeX
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 17:10:14 +0200

Dear all,

It is not reasonable to hope that we can make TeXmacs behave as LaTeX
or closely to LaTeX. I won't try to implement any things of this kind.

On the other hand, it does make sense to make it easier to switch
between "wide" and "narrow" styles. Indeed, when switching to
a two column style, one often needs to break some big formulas
into parts. It might be interesting to develop more tools that
could assist us in such modifications. For instance, we recently
added the C-& shortcut for switching between equations and
equation arrays.

Best wishes, --Joris