Re: TeXmacs: why is \ensuremath needed for conversion to LaTeX

  • From: Frank <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs: why is \ensuremath needed for conversion to LaTeX
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 17:51:21 +0200

Hi Joris,

As for "such as using a mathematical primitive in text mode", I see that
TeXmacs tolerates them (I myself made such mistakes before, but it is something that
should be corrected). I am not sure whether it is a good idea to tolerate such errors
in TeXmacs. It might be better that TeXmacs will warn the user about this kind of
errors?

Best wishes,
Frank