Re: The real reason for requiring LaTeX submissions in academia?

  • From: Ben shimol Yehuda <address@hidden>
  • To: Amir Michail <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Ben shimol Yehuda <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: The real reason for requiring LaTeX submissions in academia?
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 20:52:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=bgu.ac.il; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=bgu.ac.il; dkim=pass header.d=bgu.ac.il; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=fgaViIzDMuCCpk4ag6qJWwXII9XPF+8jMGA5ladFRcM=; b=bq3gLhTtpjqfyLXdXJshgb+LzJuJzHKZj/lysKpxCNIZ1Jur0pRGao1wJtfexqbbxw0ll0nN5yBEuL0N3ptKnoNmqOxTueCwGCc5LU5m1Tf7B4d/PUe+MUTURH1MHndxgf8g0JpL0IvHxgI9URVRmDCyk8Z9CJ+4gZ+LHhkH9jY5tP8WiWKsTQYxQQeu6SfcrA9TOOxpeByvYyd/EaavmM61buCl2IJdTSLoETb13jR6pRSl5Pi57ngYjV03i2v67S+27KmJ6f12d8/FOcQBF/I0E3MFn0q6IWLr9l+29ccqRDgiv7X14cnm1LIZtzAP7lFN+CUXotieTzlyo9qFow==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=LXV00jGdQydwhKAeRmxxFd4vxlBql4g8AQR3t6HDtfHuL4ysL1KPcQHVCMk9oCCpCtNyhkJxvK6m8Ba7UhOayuiF8oRzxoTrWbhd7HH1r5U6hd5+/Uv5kxaPul+rfZ4E/UBR3s1ycCD5WML2PWrHOrxodgqzsPdXGktKs6m8KHlEb1NnQ6gYBRikSpz+azYMb0xadDkkv7alkfSqXsmFETcNxlnbpdeezbT1EolVS/uSsg2aUBWngOF0o+89ZA14gH6rG+nvT6ZoJFmfG3+lb708aCXvzExDJJzQnhzPrKOgWeYH07MuvhtPl3eUWEg/ifBY9xsWoQapEVvwdKge3A==

 I looked at  https://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=304
I’m not that impressed. The criteria mentioned are for breakthroughs in CS.
I know many bright people from there areas that lack the required approach to write in LaTeX and are very good in Mathematics / Physics /  Eng.  etc.
In person I use LaTeX a lot for publications but when working with others the first phases are with the tool they use (mostly WORD, LaTeX comes in in the last phase)
I believe that the community of potential TeXMacs users is much larger than converting the CS community. Maybe the effort should be in this direction ?
Best
yehuda