Re: TeXmacs 2.1

  • From: Henri Girard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs 2.1
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 15:56:46 +0200

HI,

Since windows 11 my opinion is changing : I was a ubuntu user and still am about 50%, but with windows 11 many things are changing which were important to me.

I am not  a very good texmacs user, but 20 years ago I used it for maths session with maxima and then for sage. in w10/11 we can use it in wsl2 as native app, then we can use all session that are installed in ubuntu wsl2. The avantage is we are on windows and can use softs on linux, that's the case for ambertool 21 and many others I used.

In fact I change my mind specially because there is visual studio code working in both linus/win, and endly I can use it to code with jupyter notebook, without having to use anaconda as tool, just as compiler.

From windows I have access to more applications linux/w10 than from linux to windows.

The hard way is not to install apps in linux, but to config wsl2, when finding the right tutorial it's very easy.

On linux I had even a docker for the most recent mac, but mac doesn't bring much to me , less than w11/linux.

Ending I will use w11 at 90% soon.

Enjoy

Henri