Re: TeXmacs: ToC for chapters / sections?

  • From: Jeroen Wouters <address@hidden>
  • To: Frank <address@hidden>, TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs: ToC for chapters / sections?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 19:59:22 +0100

Hi Frank,

Basile has kindly pointed out that I probably misinterpreted your question.

If what you want is multiple tables of contents, with one separate table for each chapter, then you want to have a look at "Help -> Manual -> Automatic content generation". The procedure is described under "7. Multiple extractions".

The idea is to put a "with-toc" element around your chapter, using "Insert -> Link -> Alternate -> Table of contents". When prompted, specify a name for your new toc. Then add a new toc ("Insert -> Automatic -> Table of Contents") somewhere inside this element. This table will only contain the structure of what is inside the "with-toc" element.

Best wishes,
Jeroen