Re: working around arXiv' overshoot

  • From: Frank <address@hidden>
  • To: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: working around arXiv' overshoot
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 11:07:22 +0000

Meanwhile, I searched among the source code, but I failed to locate the
checker. There is a line related:
https://github.com/arXiv/arxiv-submission-ui/blob/5cd67e15db72bb8aa4acf686fb3aa8b41727580a/submit/controllers/ui/new/process.py#L202
but I don't see where the code could raise an error with reason containing
"from TeX", say, in
https://github.com/arXiv/arxiv-submission-core/blob/develop/core/arxiv/submission/process/process_source.py

Maybe you could try start a petition at https://www.change.org/ and then
interested people sign it.